We are excited to inform you that we are open!
Our community has been through a lot over the last year, and all of us are looking forward to returning to our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO).
However, due to the seriousness of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have decided to go beyond the RCDSO guidelines by taking the following precautions for everyone, even if you screen negative for COVID-19.
- Staff are required to wear protective equipment such as gowns, N95/KN95 masks and face shields
- Hospital grade HEPA air purifiers have been placed in the waiting room and in each of the treatment rooms to clean the air between every appointment
- Doors have been placed at all treatment rooms to prevent aerosols from leaving the treatment areas and to allow for maximum efficiency of the air purifiers
- Additional equipment to reduce production of aerosols during treatment
Please note we have also made changes to our office policies and protocols for all upcoming appointments:
- Staff are required to do a COVID-19 screening daily
- Staff are required to take and record their temperature twice daily
- All appointments must be booked by phone in advance. Walk-in patients will not be seen.
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms on the phone.
- In order to maintain social distancing, you are asked to wait outside when you arrive and call us to notify us of your arrival. The office will call you when we are ready for you to come in.
- Family members must wait outside unless the patient must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must wear a mask when you enter the clinic
- You must use the hand sanitizer provided at the front door
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer
- You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions again and. If you are unwell, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- All patients and team members are asked to maintain respectful social distancing in all areas of the clinic
- Plexiglass barriers have been set up at our reception desk to protect both staff and patients
- We will be cleaning high traffic and high touch surfaces throughout the day
- Wait times between appointments may be longer to ensure treatment rooms are disinfected and the air is treated
- We are no longer accepting cash or cheques. Please be prepared to pay with Visa, Mastercard or debit card.
The safety of our patients and our staff is our top priority. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!